Putting this here for lack of a better place: after I installed Ad-Aware on Windows, I started having problems with Protractor tests, where ChromeDriver wouldn't start (Firefox and IE were fine). I got this error:

C:\Users\Bartholomew\Documents\dev\orders\node_modules\selenium-webdriver\error.js:27
    super(opt_error);
    ^
SessionNotCreatedError: session not created exception
from disconnected: Unable to receive message from renderer
  (Session info: chrome=51.0.2704.106)
  (Driver info: chromedriver=2.22.397933 (1cab651507b88dec79b2b2a22d1943c01833cc1b),platform=Windows NT 10.0.10586 x86_64) (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 1.97 seconds

I failed to remember that I'd recently installed Ad-Aware, so it took me a long time to debug this problem. I got approximately nowhere; it appeared nobody else had had the same problem. Hopefully this will turn up in someone's search results and be useful sometime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, programming competitions don't produce bad engineers

Authenticating with Cloud Functions for Firebase from your iOS Swift app

Authenticating phone numbers with Firebase on iOS